Wednesday, March 5, 2014

BLOG: If you don’t vote, don’t complain

You can’t even have a conversation with me about politics, the government, or much anything else if you don’t vote. Seriously. I’m very civic-minded and dogmatic about citizens seeing voting not only as a right that others died for, but as a duty.
If you approach me complaining about Republicans or Congress or even President Obama (Warning: You liable to be cursed out if you think you can disparage Barack Obama in my presence. For real.), the first thing that I ask is “Did you vote?” If you say yes, we can talk. If you say no, then your complaint is invalidated and I turn a deaf ear to anything you have to say. If you don’t vote, then don’t complain because you are a part of the problem.
While canvassing in 2010, I had a black guy to tell me that he “don’t vote for no white dude.”  I was stunned speechless.  What the hell . . . .

{Continued reading at . . . }

http://smaxxmahaffey.newsvine.com/_news/2014/03/05/22972216-blog-if-you-dont-vote-dont-complain

REAL LIFE

#REPOST Real life is the curve of the river The strength of the ocean It’s the swaying of trees It’s pouring rain and bright sunshine...